Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First Restaurant Review: Fru:yo

Frozen Yogurt was first introduced to me when I went to LA 3-4 years ago. When I first moved into my studio, there was a newly opened yogurt joint literally 10 steps across from my building so being the curious foodie that i am, i checked it out. I remember not really liking it because i got the wrong flavor. I mean, vanilla isn't what a normal person call "wrong" but it definitely didn't wow me. I thought it was basically for the health conscious people that craved ice cream but couldn't spare the extra calories. Until i was introduced to the original flavor. In my opinion, the best flavor for frozen yogurt is hands down, the original tart flavor. Everything else is just bleh to me. Whether it's chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter or cake batter, I'd rather give in to ice cream if i craved something that indulgent. However, coconut and green tea is a different story.

I've been wanting to go to this particular spot: Fru:yo for a while now but it's pretty much at the outskirts of Causeway Bay, borderline Tin Hau and I never would walk that far for anything. There isn't much around the area except for schools, the central library and a hotel. What i don't like about this place was that it's like Crumbs. I'm not exactly a fan of picking certain number of toppings. I like having all kinds of texture thrown in there, crunchy, chewy, soft etc. I settled with the "Fit" size with two toppings that cost $33. There was a lot of yogurt so she definitely did not skimp on that. Maybe a bit too much because I was sick of it half way through. It was a bit too creamy for my liking, kind of like yogurt flavored ice cream, if you know what I mean. but the sweetness was just right. It can be a little bit more tart because I prefer my froyo to be more sour.  I had two of my usual topping : mochi and almond slices. My usual definitely consists of more than that. The shop itself was really cute. Kudos to the wooden chairs and tables. Its pretty different from all the yogurt joints because most of them are in bright and loud colors like pink or green or both at the same time so having this neutral vibe was nice. I'd come here again.





Shop 2, G/F, Bay View Mansion, 24 Causeway Road, Causeway Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment